Assemble parts of various materials, such as plastic, metal or fabric to mass-produce toys using power and/or hand tools. Removes excess material (flash) from work piece using knife or reamer or power router. May flame parts with a propane torch to smooth rough edges and blend mold defects on the product. Places molded products in fixtures for drilling or trimming. May apply product labels and stickers by hand. Makes up cartons by hand. Places products into boxes and seals carton with tape or glue. Stack cartons according to predetermined pattern. Monitors product quality and informs technical associates when problems arise. May use minimal math skills. Responsible for producing quality injection molded parts in a safe, productive and efficient manner.
- 30% – Performs product assembly including carton forming and stacking
- 20% – Trims flash and excess material from products
- 15% – Inspects product for defect in materials or workmanship
- 10% – Operates fixtures to modify products
- 10% – Communicates with supervisors, technicians and fellow assemblers
- 8% – May put holes in products using power drill or router
- 5% – Housekeeping
- 2% – Records amount of finished product and product numbers
Works individually or in teams with minimal supervision. Assemblers adhere to a specified work pace in order to achieve production standards. Attention to safety requirements is essential when working around machinery and fixtures. Must be able to wear or use PPE. The work environment is loud and noisy. May be exposed to hot, dry, dusty, damp, cold, or windy conditions. Must be able to stand continuously for a maximum of 94% of the shift. Must be able to tolerate awkward hand and wrist postures, high work with arms raised and low work with back and/or knees bent frequently. Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 40 lbs.
**THE ABOVE IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION. THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE MANAGEMENT TEAM.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.