In this age of technology we think it is essential that children learn about computers as early as possible. This technology can enhance critical and cognitive thinking skills, problem-solving abilities and analytical thinking. Having child-appropriate computers and software in your facility shows parents that you understand the important role technology plays in providing an enriched learning environment for their child's growth. It's a hallmark way to set you apart from other childcare facilities.
Note: hardware and software configurations are subject to change without notice but will never be less than what is currently offered.
- Furniture features:
- Flat desk area
- Left and Right built-in mouse pads
- Bench seat that fits two children and offers storage inside for supplies
- Two locking cabinet doors
- Computer wiring stores safely inside ventilated cabinet.
- Locking castors keep unit from rolling during use.
- Computer equipment features:
- IBM® Think Centre PC
- Internal DVD-ROM
- 256mb RAM (minimum)
- 40 GB hard drive (minimum)
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Microsoft® XP Professional
- Sound Card and 2 External Speakers
- Surge protector
- 19" Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor
- Custom Little Tikes Learning keyboard and Tiny Mouse (colors are subject to change without notice)
- IBM Computer Warranty: 1-year parts and labor.
- Pre-loaded educational software:
- Millie's Math House®
- Sammy's Science House®
- Bailey's Book House®
- Trudy's Time and Place®
- Thinkin' Things®
Shipping Note: desk and computer ship from separate locations and may arrive on different days.
Ages 3 to 7 years.
Old Sku: 5711
Certain Adobe Acrobat instructions are larger than others. Your screen may be white for several minutes during download. If the instructions do not open in your browser, be sure to download the Adobe plugin from the link below
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
Need the Plug In? It's free to download from Adobe, just click the logo
Do you have a video of your child playing with the Young Explorer™? Share with us!
We would love to hear from you.