IBM® and Little Tikes® are proud to offer The Young Explorer™ Learning Computer for children, a “must-have” for any childcare provider. In this age of technology we think it is essential that children learn about computers as early as possible. This technology can enhance critical and cognitive thinking skills, problem-solving abilities and analytical thinking. Having child-appropriate computers and software in your facility shows parents that you understand the important role technology plays in providing an enriched learning environment for their child's growth. It's a hallmark way to set you apart from other childcare facilities.
Note: hardware and software configurations are subject to change without notice but will never be less than what is currently offered.
- Furniture features:
- Flat desk area
- Two built-in mouse pads
- Custom Little Tikes Learning board keyboard
- Bench seat that fits two children
- Two locking cabinet doors
- Computer wiring stores safely inside ventilated cabinet.
- Locking castors keep unit from rolling during use.
- Computer equipment features:
- IBM® Think Centre PC
- Internal DVD-ROM
- 256mb RAM (minimum)
- 40 GB hard drive (minimum)
- 10/100 Ethernet, 56k modem
- Microsoft® XP Professional
- Sound Card and 2 External Speakers
- Surge protector
- 17" color monitor (16" viewable)
- Custom Little Tikes Learning keyboard and Tiny Mouse
- IBM Computer Warranty: 1-year parts and labor.
- Pre-loaded educational software:
- Millie's Math House®
- Sammy's Science House®
- Bailey's Book House®
- Trudy's Time and Place®
- Thinkin' Things®
- Be sure to check out the Little Tikes Membrane Keyboard which is an accessory to the Young Explorer that helps teach and reinforce reading and keyboarding skills. This product is sold separately. Product # 5945.
Shipping Note: desk and computer ship from separate locations and may arrive on different days.
Ages 3 to 7 years.
Do you have a video of your child playing with the Young Explorer™? Share with us!
We would love to hear from you.